Sunday, June 26, 2005

Arrrgh!

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As an actual pirate, I must say this offends me greatly. "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" only perpetuates the tired, old stereotypes that people have about us. We've heard it all before..."Arrrr!", "Avast ye mateys!", "I'm gonna keelhaul me some landlubber!"...ha ha...very funny. The truth is, most of my shipmates are college graduates with vast vocabularies, yet we are still looked upon as rum-drinking second class citizens (especially by the town constables). When cut by a rapier, do we not bleed? All we ask is that we be allowed to pillage and plunder on the high seas without being made the butt of some ridiculous joke. Is that too much to ask? As a people, have we learned nothing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home