Thursday, July 28, 2005

Before Lords of Dogtown...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The 2005 movie, "Lords of Dogtown", tells the somewhat fictionalized story of the Z-Boys, a group of real-life Southern California guys, who became famous in the 1970's for their skateboarding skills and innovations to the sport. Previously in 2001 a documentary had been made about the Z-Boys called "Z-Boys and Dogtown", which told the real story, as it actually happened. I did some research of my own and found that even earlier in California there was a group of skateboarders that were shaping the entire future of skateboarding forever. Their name? The E=mc2 Boys.

After two months of grueling work, I would like to announce the upcoming release of my documentary, "The Original Lords of Dogtown". This film traces skateboarding back to it's earliest days when Norbert Hothstein and Michael Petrolio were just a couple of young scientists with the dream of taking the surfboard out of the ocean and putting it on land (in fact, they originally called it "Roller Surfing"). Needless to say, I'm very excited about the film and hope you will all go see it. Also, I recently completed work on the poster (which I designed myself) and would appreciate any feedback on it before I send it off to the printer. Here it is, for the first time anywhere:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home