Monday, March 06, 2006

Don't Walk Away

Image hosting by Photobucket
During the Academy Awards last night while announcing the nominees for "Best Supporting Actor" they showed some scenes from the movie "Syriana" with George Clooney, who had received a nomination. Clooney of course ended up winning but I have no idea how he's considered a "supporting actor" when I can't name one other actor from "Syriana" (and neither can you) because George Clooney is not only the star (which in my book makes him an "Actor" and not a "Supporting Actor") but also the only person on the movie poster. Just like I have no idea how Rachel Weisz is the "Best Supporting Actress" in "The Constant Gardener" when it appears the only person she's even remotely "supporting" in that movie is Ralph Fiennes, who is an act-or and not an act-ress.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I may not know how they figure that stuff out, but I do know one thing. In a movie, when someone is walking down a street and behind them there is a huge explosion and they don't turn around to look at it, that's the person who did it. I use the above picture of "Syriana" as exhibit A. I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen clips and not only does George Clooney not look back at the massive ball of fire shooting up into the sky, but he's walking with a brief case in his hand which makes him look even more suspicious. But nobody ever puts two and two together and says, "Maybe that guy who's walking away calmly and not even looking at the blaze while carrying a brief case did it!". You would think a cop might notice this odd activity. In the movies they never do. I swear though, if I'm ever near a big explosion, I'm looking for that one person who's walking away while everyone else is freaking out. They did it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home