Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Little Movie Gem

The Unknown Movies - unknownmovies.com


As the banner for the site says, they review movies that are "Obscure, Unknown and Little Shown". I've linked here to their review of a Don Coscarelli film from 1977 called "Kenny and Company". I, myself, can't say if this movie is any good or not since I have never seen it and haven't read the article yet to get their take. I can however suggest that basing an entire movie around the little known sport of Putt Putt Football was completely insane. Apparently the game was somewhat popular in the Los Angeles area in the mid-70's but never quite caught on anywhere else. This "Kenny" kid was to Putt Putt Football (or "Pootball" as those in the know called it) what Pele was to soccer. In fact, they were quite similar in that they both only went by one name. From what I understand, to this day, Kenny still holds Pootball records in Birdies, Touchdowns and number of times being called in by his mom before a game was over. There is currently a movement in the LA area to open a Hall of Fame to the sport, but at the last city council meeting the Hall was voted down in favor of a new gas station. I have a feeling though that those tenacious "Pootballers" will get their Hall one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home