Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Why do they still make watch pockets on jeans? It was a great idea back in the 30's and 40's when guys were actually walking around with pocket watches, but I haven't seen someone use that little right front pocket as a watch pocket in a really long time. In fact, I've never seen it used this way. But you know what? That's my goal for 2006. I wanna bring the pocket watch/watch pocket back. I already have quite a few pairs of jeans so I'm halfway there (I buy my pants one pant at a time by the way, at a deep discount). I don't even know if pocket watches are still readily available in the major department stores, but I'm sure I can order one online at the very least. My theory is that people were happier and friendlier in the days of pocket watches. I really think the pocket watch can bring back some of the civility that's missing from mankind these days. If I accomplish my goal and the pocket watch really catches on this year as a viable timepiece, then I feel like I will have done my little part in making the world a better place for all. Happy New Year everyone, especially in Thailand (my wife's homeland) where it's already 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home