Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sounds Delicious

Shanghai stalls serve up cat dressed as mutton - Food Inc. - MSNBC.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Shanghai street vendors are using the meat from stray cats to supplement mutton to make kebabs, an animal welfare organization said on Friday.

The Shanghai Small Animal Association has just completed a one-year investigation in which kebab samples, mostly lamb but sometimes rabbit, tested positively for cat meat."

There are two headlines I was always certain I would never see in my lifetime: "Mariah Carey Wins Oscar" and "Kebab Samples Test Positively For Cat Meat". At least one of those is still a mortal lock, but I must admit that my faith in mankind has been shaken. No wonder the vendors were calling these kebabs "Shanghai Surprise"! They weren't really, I'm just kidding, but wouldn't it have been funny if they were?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home