Thursday, August 18, 2005

Adopt a Veg (But Don't Eat It!)

HDRA - Adopt a Veg


The wife and I have been looking to adopt a veg for a while now, but with all the red tape here in the U.S., it can be a lengthy and difficult process. I understand from this site that laws in the U.K. regarding vegetable adoption are much more, shall we say, "relaxed". I like the fact that this site makes it easy to go through the adoption process, but I find it slightly off-putting that they're offering "Gift Pack" incentives to entice people to adopt. If someone can't find it in the goodness of their hearts to adopt a veg because they want to, I don't think their affections should be bought with "bonus items" or such. At any rate, even after poring over this site I have some questions that I need answered, in particular, if we do adopt a veg, does it behoove us to not eat it? Also, when is the best age to explain to the vegetable about it's "real" vine? I guess I'll just have to call and see what they tell me. Overall though, it looks like a real bargain. The standard price is 12 pounds. I'll be honest, I don't know a pound from an ounce, but we're so desperate for our own vegetable that at this point we'd pay a TON if we had to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home