Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Classics

American Icon...American Collectible...The Classic SUNBEAMMIXMASTER

"American Icon ... American Collectible ...The Classic Sunbeam Mixmaster. Herewith, a humble tribute to an immortal slice of Americana...or, to a humble but immortal member of Grandma's kitchen. Whichever you prefer, come meet once again...THE MOST FAMOUS AMERICAN APPLIANCE OF THE 20th CENTURY."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sure, the Sunbeam Mixmaster is a classic, but to call it the "most famous appliance of the 20th century", might be a stretch. Ever hear of a little appliance called the "oven"...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'll bet that one was pretty popular over Thanksgiving.

Or how about something I like to call a "blender"...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It only spawned the greatest joke in playground history. I'm speaking of course of the classic, "What's green and red and spins 100 miles per hour? A frog in a blender."


And oh, I don't know, what about a magical kitchen creation you may be familiar with called the Mr. Peanut Peanut Butter Maker!?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home