Monday, November 21, 2005

Tough Break

ESPN.com - NBA - Report: Suns Barbosa out 1-3 weeks after Ginobili flop

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa could miss up to three weeks with an injury to his left knee. Barbosa has a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament but could return in one to three weeks, the Arizona Republic reported.

"Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa told The Arizona Republic. "Nobody even touched him.

"He just flopped. That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that," he added. "I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

I've seen the replay and I've gotta say I haven't seen a flop that bad since "Pearl Harbor". I agree with Barbosa though, it would have been a lot better if he could have hurt himself another way. For example, straining your back lifting something heavy is pretty admirable. A paper cut on your tongue from licking envelopes, while volunteering at an animal shelter is another good one. The ultimate "good" injury? Third degree burns suffered while saving a baby from a burning apartment building, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home