Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Motel Hell (The Blog!)

Motel Hell

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Greetings and welcome to MOTEL HELL! A ghastly-garish gallery of some of the most beautifully retched and dismal vintage motel (and roadside eatery) postcards from the 1950's, 60's and 70's."

This is a great new blog from the same people who brought you Malls of America, Old Haunts, Deviled Ham and much, much more (well, a couple more anyway). Some really great pictures here that harken me back to the days of my youth. One thing I could never figure out though - even though these motels were so bad (and they really were, for the most part), why was it that when I was a kid and my family was travelling somewhere it always took us forever to find a place with any flippin' vacancy. It beat sleeping in the car anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home