Thursday, November 10, 2005

Rocket To Russia

Secretive rocket firm plans new HQ - Space.com - MSNBC.com

"The Seattle-based Blue Origin rocket company, bankrolled by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, plans to set up corporate headquarters and primary operations in the city of Kent, Wash., next year.

Secretive in their rocket work, Blue Origin is rumored to be engaged in developing a passenger-carrying vertical takeoff and landing rocket."

I happen to work for Blue Origin and I think I can clarify a few things mentioned in this article. While I can't tell you the exact location of our new headquarters (it's NOT Kent, Washington by the way), I can confirm that we are in fact working on a passenger-carrying vertical takeoff rocket. This article mentions landing as well, but as of now we have no plans to include that in this rocket's capabilities. Since I can be fairly anonymous on SU, I don't think I can get into any trouble for sharing a picture of this rocket on my page, so here's your first glimpse at it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ain't she a beaut? It may not look like it, but the rocket will seat three comfortably. We're currently taking reservations for the maiden voyage. Dinner will be served and the in flight movie will be the classic sci-fi flick, "Marooned".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home