Friday, December 09, 2005

First Chair Kazoo Player

Science & Technology at Scientific American.com: Secrets of the Stradivarius

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Joseph Nagyvary set the world of violinmaking afire in 1977 with his research into the legendary Stradivarius violins. The instruments made by Antonio Stradivari in the 17th and 18th century, along with other instruments made in the northern Italian city of Cremona, are widely recognized by violinists as superior to any made since. Controversially, Nagyvary suggested that the chemistry of the instruments is as--or more--important than their craftsmanship."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This reminds me of the work I did in 1989 in the field of Kazoos. People called me crazy when I stated that the material used to construct a Kazoo was as -or more- important than the talent of the person playing the instrument. Needless to say this declaration set the world of Kazoo making afire and directly led to the great Kazoo boon of the 1990's (admit it, you were playing one too). I'm pretty proud of this and you can be sure that I make mention of it at every job interview I go to. Can you believe the manager at McDonalds actually had the nerve to call it "irrelevant"?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home