Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Ancient Egyptians Had Nice Jugs

COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY

Image hosting by Photobucket
"Recently, I took this to the Antique Road Show where someone that specialized in archeology verified that it was at least 500 years old and not modern man made. He still did not recognize it as belonging to a specific group of people."

I too am an appraiser and I think I can shed a little more light on this matter. It appears to be a container of some kind measuring somewhere around 12-14 inches tall and 5-7 inches wide, made out of a type of synthetic plastic material. It has an unknown liquid inside, which probably did not come with it originally. The ancient Egyptians used containers like these to supply their workers with water when they were building the Pyramids. I would say this one doesn't go back quite that far. I would estimate, judging from the markings, that this particular one is circa 1997 (the neo-plastic era). My appraisal value on a piece like this in such great condition would be somewhere around $3,000. Probably closer to $4,000 if the liquid inside was deemed to be original as well. Beautiful piece!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home