Thursday, August 25, 2005

No Ticket Scalping Please

gizmag Article: Miniature robot for exploring your inner self (quite literally!)

Image hosting by Photobucket
I was the first patient at my doctors office to get the "miniature robot" treatment and I probably won't do that again. They have you swallow this small capsule with a camera and your insides are shown on a monitor. So many doctors from the area were interested in seeing this that they had to rent out a small hall for the viewing. The video screens were huge, which made me a little shy, but even worse was the surround sound speaker setup they used. Every growl of my stomach was amplified 1,000 times! To make matters worse, I couldn't eat for 24 hours before the "exploration" and I was really hungry. Trust me, when you're famished, a little capsule camera doesn't satisfy very much and it would have been nice to have had something to wash it down with.

Basically my insides looked like the description of the layers of hell in Dante's Inferno. It was a good show, but I felt the applause at various times by the doctors was a bit much. I found the vender strolling around selling popcorn to be completely inappropriate as well. This whole thing turned into much more of a spectacle than I would have hoped for, but I have to admit, the DVD that they made for me from it is a thrill-a-minute train ride. I'm now in talks with a major studio to release it in theaters, and already there's Oscar buzz for my small intestine, so if things go well it could turn out to pay off in a big way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home